What’s the difference between the Sage Canyon PTA and the Del Mar Schools Education Foundation (DMSEF) and DMUSD?
Great question! We get this one all the time. :) PTA funds pay for resources and equipment, as well as numerous programs (see chart on the previous page). The DMSEF pays for 40% of the salaries of our STEAM+ teachers. DMUSD pays for the other 60% of STEAM+ teachers as well as all the rest of the teachers and staff district wide. The money you give to Sage Canyon PTA serves only Sage Canyon and will be spent on this year’s programs. As for DMSEF contributions, IF Sage Canyon achieves its fundraising goal, Sage Canyon will be guaranteed a fully funded STEAM+ program next school year just like we will enjoy this year. Let's keep it going!
Why should I give to both the PTA and the DMSEF?
We need both. We like to explain the difference by saying that the PTA pays for the microscopes and the DMSEF pays for the science teacher. The PTA Pays for the Gaga Pit and the DMSEF pays for the PE teacher. The PTA pays to fix the MUR Speakers and pay for audio/visual equipment and the DMSEF pays for the Music Teacher.